- It is with gratitude that I acknowledge that this book was
found and downloaded from Google here
(and is available in a variety of formats including Android/Smartphone, iPad, eReader, Web, etc.).
- The 304th Engineers were part of the 79th Division (as was the 314th Infantry), so Major General Joseph Kuhn
(shown on page xvi) commanded both.
- Please take a look especially at pages 8 - 16 where the creation of the Camp Meade cantonment is discussed.
- Page 11 shows an early 1917 topographic map of Camp Meade,
earlier than the 1918 version on this website.
- Page 12 has some interesting text about the process when men first arrived at Camp Meade